Strategic Planning Department shall have the following functions:
- Engage in establishing and developing the county’s overall vision and the national development strategies.
- Coordinate with the specialized agencies to create its strategic and executive plans.
- Endorse the strategic plan for each agency.
- Study of impacts and outcomes of the execution of the development projects, in addition to the necessary reporting.
- Involve in the preparation of development indicators, sustainable development indicators and other indicators for international reports, in coordination with the competent authorities.
- Participate in the preparation of data and development indicators, and prepare them for publication in coordination with the concerned administrative units, and competent authorities.
- Study the outcomes of the strategic plan implementation, while taking the necessary actions thereon, in coordination with the competent authorities.