The Public Relations and Communication Department shall have the following functions:
- Publish press releases and media programs that aim at introducing the role and activities of the Authority and its terms of reference, in coordination with the concerned administrative units.
- Follow up media stories on the Authority appeared in newspapers and media, forward same to the officials, and prepare responses thereto.
- Receive requests and complaints from clients, forward same to the competent administrative units, and respond to their queries.
- Arrange travel, accommodation and hospitality for guests of the Authority and visiting delegations, in coordination with the competent administrative units.
- Organize cultural, social and sports activities for the Authority’s staff and oversee the events held by or involving the Authority.
- Organize conferences, seminars and exhibitions held by the Authority, and prepare budget for such activities in coordination with the competent authorities and concerned administrative units.
- Prepare working papers related to local, regional and international conferences, seminars and meetings pertaining to the Authority's activities, in coordination with the competent administrative units and concerned authorities.
- Prepare reports and responses required by regional and international organizations and bodies with respect to the Authority's activities, in coordination with the relevant competent administrative units, and monitor the implementation of the recommendations of such organizations and bodies, in coordination with the competent authorities in the country.
- Prepare the necessary reports on the effectiveness of international cooperation with regional and international organizations and bodies in the areas of the Authority's activities.