The Legal Affairs Department shall have the following functions:
- Conduct research, study and follow up legal issues pertaining to the activities of the Authority, in coordination with the concerned administrative units.
- Draft legislative instruments relating to the Authority and express opinion on draft laws referred to it.
- Express legal opinion on the issues referred to it.
- Draft contracts, agreements and memoranda of understanding relating to the functions of the Authority, in coordination with the concerned administrative units.
- Investigate the events and violations attributed to the staff of the Authority, prepare memos on the results of such investigations, together with legal opinions and recommendations, and submit same to the competent authority, as well as follow up the implementation of the decisions taken in this regard.
- Follow up disputes and issues to which the Authority is a party, in coordination with the competent authorities.