Department of Censuses, Surveys and Statistical Methods shall have the following functions:
- Design and implement the statistical procedures and methods, censuses and surveys, including population censuses, housing, establishments and household surveys.
- Provide the government agencies with the technical support, through the formulation of the necessary statistical surveys requested by those agencies.
- Design samples, develop the sampling frameworks, estimation methods, and monitoring and evaluate the errors arising from samples, and statistics quality control.
- Carry out descriptive analysis, and statistical inference which includes estimation.
- Design questionnaires, and table of outputs.
- Establish sampling frameworks, data purification and scheduling methods.
- Establish data of censuses and statistical surveys, and prepare them for publication, in cooperation with the concerned administrative units, and the competent authorities.