QALM is an ambitious national project, developed by a number of government partners in the State of Qatar.
One of the project's long term goals is synchronizing and harmonizing information production of Government organizations and thus supporting their strategic planning needs for information.
The main objectives of the project are to:
- Provide a bilingual, integrated national data and information repository for supporting the knowledge community to achieve Qatar National Vision 2030 objectives.
- Provide an agile national data and information architecture in compliance with national and international information and technology standards and regulations.
- Support policy monitoring and performance evaluation and satisfy the strategic information requirements of the key stakeholders.
- Provide a secured, role-based access to various types of information (information objects).
- Support knowledge workers by enriching the scattered structured and non-structured information obtained from various sources, providers and media with a knowledge context.
- Provide administrative and collaborative features for managing information objects lifecycles.